"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

-Romans 12:12-13

Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgvining...


So last week Chris and I packed up and headed to Memphis to spend some time with the fam. We always enjoy getting to spend time with our family and especially during the holidays because you get to spend more time with extended family that usual. We also had my dear sweet friend Amelia meet us in Memphis to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. We were sad that she couldn't spend it with her sweet family, but we were very excited that we got to spend time with her!!
We head to Memphis Wednesday and Thursday we got to go to Aunt Mary's house to start the Thanksgiving celebrations! We had so much fun and we were very excited that Janet and Steve got to join us too! It was a lot of fun and the food was DELICIOUS!! (*photos from Amelia and Aunt Mary*)
Amelia and I

Cute Edwards brothers.

The Edwards boys! Aren't they adorable!

Christopher and his Mimi

Me, Mom E, and Amelia

Me and hubs with Janet and Steve

With Amelia...we love her!

He loves me because I am crazy.

Family shot from the Edwards Thanksgiving 
After we ate at Aunt Mary's we headed to Olive Branch to have Thankgiving with my family. We were so STUFFED from Aunt Mary's that I don't think we ate much of anything...We did have some dessert...YUMMY!
Sweet Ellie got paid a dollar to smile real pretty for the Matthews' Christmas Photo.

Isn't she just adorable!

Little Amelia made sure she didn't miss out on the money deal!

Precious Chloe and Gracie.

Beautiful Robertson girls!
Thursday night Amelia and I went out for some Black Friday shopping. We left my parents house around 9:30pm on Thursday night and arrived back (completely exhausted) at 10am Friday morning. Some places were absolutely INSANE! But for the most part we didn't have too much trouble at all. We got back and took a nap and then Amelia headed back to Starkville to get ready for the Egg Bowl! The rest of Friday I just hung around the house with the family and that night I went out for a date with my youngest sister, Anna. We went to see Breaking Dawn in theater. My other sister was going to see the movie with a friend so Anna and I just went on our own!
Saturday Chris and I went and spent some time with his parents. We got to go eat lunch with Mimi and Aunt Mary and enjoyed getting to spend some time with them as well. We then headed over to see my grandparents house. They had gotten it decorated for Christmas so we went to go check it out before heading back to my parents house for the Egg Bowl. My mom had snacks for our "in-house tailgate". We had a great time watching the game and can't wait to go to the bowl game!!!! Woo Hoo! Hail State!!!

So that was Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for having such a fantastic family and friends. We are always surprised at how blessed we are and anytime we can step back and take a look around and appreciate what we have we are always blown away at what we have to be thankful for. We are looking forward to getting to spend more time with cherished friends and family over the next month. 
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are able to be thankful for what you have in your life!

1 comment:

  1. I am your newest follower, love your cute blog and would love a follow back!
    www.buildinganewhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete