"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

-Romans 12:12-13

Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Addition

Did I mention I was a terrible blogger??!!??

Well the last few months have been interesting. We have taken a few trips, visited some family and friends, celebrated Christopher's birthday, spent a whole week alone together in the mountains, celebrated our 2nd Anniversary, and adopted a sweet little furry kitten!

The last post was in February! That's so crazy! This blog post will be a whirlwind of pictures and snid-bits but I will try to do better and keep up with the blog!!

February 2012:
Christopher had a birthday! We had a Harry Potter themed get-together for the two of us. He wanted Five Guys and to watch a HP movie so after we got off work we ran by Five Guys and headed home. I had blown up 75 balloons each with 1 or 2 random HP facts inside and left them next to the back door so when he got home he would have to walk through them. This plan of mind failed miserable when my loving husband insited he hold the door open for me and for me to go inside first (he opened the door and held it open without even looking in the apartment first). This was not the first fail for his birthday that I had planned. I also had a HP themed invite that was supposed to be in the mailbox, but I couldn't get the dang printer to print and I couldn't ask the hubby for help since it would spoil it, and that morning I thought I would have time to blow up the balloons and hang them from the ceiling, but he decided to go into work later and hang out with me some before I went to work, therefore leaving me hardly enough time to get them all blown up! But what I can I say- I love spending time with him! Well we didn't even make it through the end of the movie (maybe halfway) before we both fell asleep!
All the balloons with HP facts. 
So a few weeks after his birthday we went to a Russian Pancake Brunch at UAH. It was a lot of fun and the "Russian Pancakes" were delish! :)
Russian Pancake Brunch

My adorable husband enjoying the beautiful sunshine !
Later that day I met up with the girls and we had a "pretty party" to celebrate Carter's birthday! I love these girls and I love spending time with them!! Only wish Holly could have joined in with us!! (**Photo by Carter**)
Love these girls!!

Then in March we had a lot of visitors!! :) We love when people come to visit and we get to see them!! My entire family got to come in and stay with us for a few days during Spring Break. We had so much fun! It was great to have all of us under one roof! We watched some HP, ate some yummy food that mom cooked, I took all the siblings sight-seeing and to BridgeStreet, and just relaxed! So much fun! I love my family!! The day my family left we got to have dinner with the Gentry's -some friends for Starkville- and get to see there super adorable family! Then later that week Calvin came into town and we got to eat some always yummy Indian food!!
I got caught up in the Hunger Games Trilogy and was able to talk Christopher into going to see the midnight opening showing in IMAX. We really enjoyed the movie but were really surprised to see massive amounts of young children out at midnight (until I remembered that the schools were out for Spring Break). Can't wait for the next one!! That weekend I drove to Nashville to visit sweet Bobbie Jo and have a girls weekend with Ronda and Allyn. We had such a good time! I can't wait to do it again!!
How much fun are these girls! TONS!!
Later that month we headed to Memphis to pet sit and it was a great time to just spend some much needed time with family! Followed closely by a trip to Memphis for Easter! What a great celebration!!
He is always making me laugh! What a joy!!
So moving on....I really should blog more regularly! Our next big fun trip was to Starkville for Amelia's graduation. So proud of her and her 2 masters!!!! We got to spend some time with her, her family, friends, as well as see our friends and my brother Ted!!! I love that kiddo and we don't get to see him near enough!! Then we hit up Memphis again to wish our mothers and grandmothers a very happy Mother's Day! 
With the graduate!

My sweet hubby with his maroon pants and bowtie!
The next weekend me and hubs left for North Carolina. That's right we headed for the mountains for week with just the two of us! It was so great! We hiked to waterfalls, slept in, mined for gemstones, ate yummy food, went canoeing, visited the Biltmore, tried out the driving range, played putt-putt, got couples massages, etc, etc. IT WAS SO GREAT!!! We had such a great time and can't wait to get back to Sapphire Valley!
@ the Biltmore

Hubs @ the driving range

Opus catching some rays on the porch!
When we got back into town we had a 5k that we had signed up to run. Why? I am not sure because neither of us had run hardly at all in the last 5 months....but we signed up so we went and ran. I was surprised that we did as well as we did. We both wanted to 1)finish 2) come in under 45 min - Both of completed both of those task!
Before the Race with Brian and Elaine

After the race!!
Then we celebrated 2 years of marriage!! We had a great day. We went to brunch and to see a movie, followed by dinner later that night at Conners! So yummy!!!
We got a bird call book as one of our gifts. 

Headed to dinner with my cute cute husband!!
Well that's 4 months down! Sorry it is so long! I am almost to the end for today though! I just have to introduce the newest member of our sweet family! Yesterday we adopted an adorable little kitten. We have Named him Sirius Black Edwards. And he is the most precious loving little boy!
Isn't he just precious!!

Taking a nap with some HP books. 

All my boys! I am totally outnumbered now!! 

Well I promise to blog again soon and not let 4+ months go by!! Sorry for the long post!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment