"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

-Romans 12:12-13

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So MSU is ranked #21! How awesome is that! Christopher and I went to Starkville this past weekend to watch the bulldogs play University of Alabama-Birmingham and for homecoming!
We had a great time heading back to Starkville. That was our first time back in three weeks. In some ways it seemed like we had been gone forever and others not so long at all.
Above is Christopher and I after our win against UAB.


So the weekend started off quite nicely. Christopher got off work early since he was giving blood. We took advantage of his extra time off and left for Starkville in enough time to make it there before 5pm (although it was close). We were able to make it to Herbert to see a few people before they left work for the weekend. We were also there in enough time to be invited to Bobo and Sam's bday dinner at La Terraza (YUMMY). It was really great to have dinner with my old work buddies. I miss being in the office with them. Trust me you will never meet people like them and when you get the group together it is AMAZING!!
After dinner we went to Nicki's house and played things with Bobo, Bridget, Nicki, and Drew. It was a lot of fun just to hang out and relax for a bit. Then Chris and I headed over to see Dante, Eileen, and baby Cam. Cam slept the whole time we were there which was nice because we got to chit chat with Dante and Eileen and still get to see Cam too! :)
By the time we got to Amelia's Christopher was exhausted. He went to bed shortly after we got over to Amelia's and Amelia and I tried to keep ourselves awake. We made it about an hour then we both crashed too!
Saturday we went tailgating with Calvin and some of the Xipiter crew. If you were a part of team Xipiter at any time in your life and you weren't there then you missed out! Calvin makes some super yummy ribs and we had PLENTY of food! Bobo met up with me there and it was great to spend some time with her! I love that girl!! We went to the bookstore and then watched the dog walk where she "touched" Dan Mullen!!!! and several other of the players :)
I also got to see my old roomie Ronda and miss Allyn (who I havent seen in AGES). It was great to catch up with both of them and Ronda even tried to "penguin-nap" Opus....I got to keep my eye on that one :)
Speaking of Opus....Opus got him a new outfit for tailgating. We decided his red bowtie was NOT appropriate to be wearing while tailgating for MSU, so he got himself a MSU bowtie and a new bulldog shirt (he wanted to match Cam). He was looking sharp!
I also got to see my brother. Although it was a quick visit it was good to see him again! Love you Ted!!! :)
I also got to go hang out with Amelia, Dante, Eileen, and baby Cam. I love our friends! What great people they are!! :)
Sunday Chris and I headed back to Huntsville with a car load of more stuff to unpack. I finally finished unpacking all of that stuff today.
















This week has been pretty good so far. Yesterday I got to practice my tornado drills and thanks to my mom I know how to take cover. Chris called several times from work to make sure I was okay and he kept asking if I wanted him to leave work to come home (he's so sweet). I had to keep telling him that the LAST thing I wanted was for him to be on the road while there were possible tornadoes flying around!!!! But for all the sirens and spottings that happened....nothing really happened around us except rain. At one time while the sirens were going off (and I was in the laundry room) the news anchor said there was a spotted tornado at 72 and Slaughter which is LITERALLY down the road from us (less than a mile). Chris called seconds later to make sure I had taken shelter, which is really funny because I get really paranoid during tornadoes (thanks mom) and I take shelter with the slightest thought of a tornado.
None the less it was really sweet that he was so worried! I love him! And he got off work and came home around 3:30 just as the rain was coming.
Well this weekend we will be heading back to Starkville for the last home game that Chris and I will be able to make it to. We are really hoping that MSU makes it to a bowl game that we can make it to. It would be great to see them in a bowl game again! :)
Well until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment