"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

-Romans 12:12-13

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Knoxville Trip

This past weekend Christopher and I drove to Knoxville to meet up with his brother and parents. We had been talking about getting up to Knoxville to visit Matt since we moved in October, but we just had not made it up there yet. Friday night we went to Soccer Taco for dinner. It was super yummy! We also went by and saw Matt's room. We were quite impressed with the way him and his roommate had the room set up and it was so nice and clean! Matt lives in a building where my friend Nick is an RD. So Chris and I went down and met up with Nick. I hadn't seen him in so long!! It was great to get to catch up a little bit, but we must go visit again so we can hang out with Nick some more!
Saturday Matt's fraternity had a parents/family breakfast. We all got to eat breakfast with Matt and meet some of his fraternity brothers. Matt also gave us a tour of the house. Neither Chris nor I had ever been in fraternity house (Yeah I know we must have been SUPER cool in college), so it was nice to see the "inside" and Matt has really enjoyed his time with his new "brothers" so it was nice to meet some of them too. That afternoon I went out with my Mother In Law (who I love dearly) shopping. It was really nice to get to spend some time with Mom E. and chit chat. The boys went to UT's Orange and White game. The weather was not really cooperating with us and it was super chilly so they only stayed until after the alumni halftime game. Me and Mom E. met up with the boys back at the fraternity house for a grill out before heading back to the hotel. 
Since we were in Knoxville I called up my cousin Kristen and we were able to meet up for dinner Saturday night. Chris and I met her and Micah for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. 
Me and Kristen after dinner. 
It was really good to get to see her (it had been a really long time) and get to meet Micah. Dinner wasn't too bad either. 
Micah, Kristen, Me and Chris at Texas Roadhouse.
On Sunday we got up and met up with Matt to hang out with him before we left. We went down to the river walk to hang out and enjoy the sunshine that had finally decided to come out.
Matt, Chris, and I at the river walk. 
Brothers. 
Dad E., Matt, and Mom E. at the river walk. 
After we left the river walk, Mom and Dad E. headed back to Memphis and Chris and I went to McKays with Matt. It was AMAZING! Chris and I cant wait to go back! If you have never been are in visiting or in the Knoxville area you must go.Check out their website:  http://www.mckaybooks.com/ . Chris and I are already making our lists of movies we want to look for when we go back. We found "Waking Ned Devine" while we were there and we were super thrilled. I think this is one of our favorite "just kicked back" movies. After we left McKays we went and picked up Kaitlyn and headed downtown to Cafe 4. I have heard they have some AMAZING mac and cheese.....and if you know anything about me I LOVE LOVE LOVE mac and cheese. Unfortunately on Sundays they have a brunch menu with NO MAC AND CHEESE! So Cafe 4 is still on our list of places to try. Chris got their lobster and bacon flatbread and it was DELICIOUS!
After lunch Chris and I  (and Opus too) headed back to Huntsville. It was a great weekend trip! We can't wait to get back to Knoxville again. Hopefully next time we will be able to see Jonathan and Megan when we are there next. 
We now leave you with a picture of Opus chilling in the backseat of the car with his MSU hat! He felt he needed to represent while we were in Volunteer Country.
Opus 

No comments:

Post a Comment