"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

-Romans 12:12-13

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Last Three Weeks.

Well its been about three weeks since I last updated the blog! SORRY!! Unfortunately I haven't been doing anything too exciting with my time so I really don't have a reason for not blogging. Since our busy spring break we took a few weekends of just rest and enjoyed just being around each other and being in our apartment. Here is some of our updates. 
I learned how to effectively use our scanner and managed to upload several "old school" pictures onto my facebook page. I loved getting relive some of those times. I am very lucky to have had such a wonderful childhood and teenage years! Here are a few: 
Playing at my grandparents house with all of my cousins!

Me and my cousin Jonny playing with a baby squirrel we found.
Got to love the curlers in the hair. 

One of MANY dance pictures. This one is of me and my friend Hollie!

Me and Christopher at his Sr. Prom!
Also during that time our dear sweet family dog, Tootsie, passed away. She was getting old and just passed away in her sleep one afternoon. She was the sweetest dog I have ever met, and it was weird being home and not hearing her bark when we came up to the door. She was a very very sweet dog and will be missed. 
Sweet Tootsie!
So last Monday I went to Memphis. I was going to be working downtown for that weekend, and I went to Memphis early to spend some time with the family. On Tuesday my daddy was off work so I got to spend the whole day with him. Then on Wednesday my mom, who was heading to Indiana to visit her sweet friend Iris, stayed in Memphis to attend a funeral for her boss' mother. This means I got to spend the day with my momma and hang out with my Nonna and Memaw. Along with Jennifer and her little girls and miss Chloe. 
Here is a picture of me with the three little girls!
Girls Left to Right:
Amelia, Ellie, and Chloe
Sweet little Ellie really wants to come to "Chris' house". When she thought that I was getting ready to head to "Chris' house" she got up really quickly and asked my Nonna to get her dressed so she could come with me! Ellie also had an accident while I was over there and managed to pee in my flip flop. She got so upset when I got ready to leave and was getting ready to put my shoes on. She kept saying " I pee in your flop Lissy! I pee in your flop!". While I didnt care to much for the pee in my flop! I love that little girl! She is so sweet!!
Really I love all three of those little girls! Ellie is just the more animated one so she is the one I get the stories from! I also got to go by and see my Nanny and my aunt Judie and Uncle Bobby. It was really good to spend some time with them, since I dont get to see them very often. I also was able to go have dinner with my friend Hollie (in the dance picture above) with her sweet son Mathis, and the next little one on the way!! It was a great time to catch and spend some sweet time with an old friend. 

Chris got to come into Memphis on Friday and we got to spend some time with his family too! His brother Matthew came into town late Friday and we got to visit with him some on Saturday.  Also his cousins Jonathan and Megan came into town from Knoxville so we got to spend two evenings hanging out with them as well! It is always so much fun getting to visit with family!

On Friday night/ Saturday morning my allergies decided to act up and at this point I believe they may have flared into the workings of a sinus infection! YUCK! I havent not been feeling well the past few days and my head is so congested I dont feel like doing much of anything! Hopefully this will past soon since we have plans to visit Knoxville this weekend!

On Tuesday morning we had my great uncle Charles funeral. He was great man and will be truly missed. It was amazing to see the number of people that came to the funeral. I was also able to see family that I hadn't seen in awhile. Such a bittersweet time. 

Well tonight we have BOOTCAMP! It was great to be back on Tuesday since I miss an entire week last week! After bootcamp tonight we may try to go to the Huntsville Stars baseball game!! That is if I am feeling up to it....fingers crossed!!




No comments:

Post a Comment