"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

-Romans 12:12-13

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Moon Date!

One piece of advice that we were given by many people before we got married was to continue going on dates after the wedding ceremony. This was emphasized for us to continue especially after we began to have children, but was highly encouraged to do before having children as well. Now to me having my husband at home and cooking dinner with him is easily chalked up to "date night", as well as a typical dinner out and a movie would be. We really love being with each other and just spending time together. So Chris and I tried to make "intentional" date nights. So that they could be differentiated from a  "regular" night. We wanted to have dates that 1. Didn't involve spending a lot of money and 2. Wouldn't stress us out trying to plan it out.
We have had several successful date nights and have really enjoyed them. I know I am guilty of sometimes taking for granted the amount of time I have alone with him, especially now that we are married. But I don't ever want to take for granted our time together, I want to truly cherish ever moment I have with him. So having date nights has really helped remind me on a regular basis to love and cherish him daily!

In February while I was working at a gift show I stumbled across this woman who was selling jewelry with moon pendants. I know it sounds strange, but it was pretty neat. She had this calendar that went back many years so that she could look up a date and tell you the phase of the moon on that exact date. Many of the the thing she sold were moon pendants from a person's birthday. She would look up what phase the moon was in on the day of their birth and then match the moon pendant to that phase. She sold necklaces, earrings, bracelets, anklets, etc. My mom had decided to get one for my sister. She was born under a "blue moon" and her moon pendant was really neat. My mom and her were actually born under the same phase of the moon. So anyway, we talked about getting one for my birthday, but I decided that I wanted one with my wedding date. So the lady looked up my wedding date and matched the moon phase accordingly. So I bought a bracelet with the moon of my wedding day.
Moon Bracelet
Closer view

So since the moon goes through certain phases each month, Christopher and I decided to make the beginning of the moon phase that we were married to be our dedicated date night. So the "moon date" was born! We thought it was a great way to celebrate our marriage each month with a date under "our moon". Yeah Yeah I know I am a complete dork, but I loved the idea!
Our last moon date we had bootcamp, and had plan on just coming home and cooking something and then settling in to catch up on some Bones episodes that we had pre-recorded. Honestly snuggling up with my hubby and just not doing anything is one of my favorite things to do with him, so I was all for this moon date idea. However; after bootcamp Chris decided we could go to Outback. I LOVE OUTBACK and we never go there. It is probably going on a year since I last had Outback. So I was super pumped. I love that my husband does not mind taking me out in public when I am covered in grass and sweat and not looking too pretty. I love that he doesn't care about all that prissy missy stuff. I mean don't get me wrong I know he appreciates me getting all "dolled" up for him, but I love that he isn't ashamed to take me out in public when I am looking rough. And trust me I am always looking rough after bootcamp. We both are. But off to Outback we went! It was sooo sooo yummy!
The handsome hubby with the yummy blooming onion!

Me with our demolished blooming onion....this is probably why we rarely come to Outback!
We can't believe we ate all that!
So we split a blooming onion and then a split an entree of steak, broccoli, and a loaded potato! Boy were we full!

So tonight is our next moon date! Again we had bootcamp, but I we hit up somewhere after bootcamp. So off to Nothing But Noodles we went! I LOVE macaroni and cheese! I can't get enough....not a healthy habit I am aware, but it is just so tasty!
Christopher with his spicy cajun pasta....it was SUPER spicy!

Mac and Cheese....
I told you I looked rough after bootcamp, but he still takes me out in public sweaty and all! Love him! So now we are in for the night (maybe?) and after showering we will be snuggling up on the loveseat...hoping to find a movie on or something! 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, what a fun idea! I love ANY excuse for a date, and moon dates are so, so special! I may have to borrow that idea...

    ReplyDelete